Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dylan Tanning at Loma Linda


Hello friends and family. Well I was very thankful to my friend Wendy on Wednesday because she drove me down to Loma Linda so that I could be with Dylan. It was very nice of her to offer and I am so glad that I could take advantage of her generosity. When I arrived at the hospital I only have about 15 minutes to spend with Dylan before the Dr.'s started to do their rounds. They do their rounds from 9 to 12 so no parents are allowed when this is happening. So if you want to see your child in the morning you need to be there from 8 - 9 and then you can come back again around noon. So I had seen him for just a few minutes and then had to leave. Since I did not have a place to stay yet I was sitting in the waiting room waiting to see if the Social Worker assigned to Dylan's case was able to get me into the Ronald McDonald house while I am staying down in Loma Linda. I had just started Dylan's afghan a few days before he decided to join us so I was working on that when who should show up but Dylan's Aunt Christi. I knew she was coming but it was just really great to have some family here with me. We went to the Ronald McDonald house and checked to see if there was a room and actually got right in. We then had to have some lunch because we were starving and then we went back to see Dylan and we were there until 6:30 when they kicked us out so that the Nursing shift could change. So we went to have dinner and then we were right back at his side so that we could just watch and touch him.

1 comment:

The Andersens said...

yay for tanning!! make sure you keep those goggles, because 3 months later, I look at Grace's and think they are the cutest things ever. :)
so glad that you got to see your little one.
he is perfect in every way. :)