Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me and Dylan



Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Oh wait I think I am going to have a baby. Surprise It is going to be Dylan Teancum's birthday as well. I got a really early birthday present this morning. Dylan decided to enter the world at 1:45 a.m. on Monday June 23, 2008. He also decided that he did not want to be born in a hospital he just could not wait. I had him at home and about totally freaked out. The ambulance arrived about 10 minutes after he was born and they were able to cut the cord. Chris was actually getting ready to cut the cord when they arrived. I feel that Chris and I did pretty well birthing a baby at home. The ambulance crew took Dylan and I to the hospital emergency room and just started monitoring Dylan. They didn't put the IV in his head until after they couldn't find any veins in his hands that were big enough. After I had been in the emergency room for about a half hour they had to move Dylan and I over to the Labor and Delivery wing because they all of a sudden got swamped with patients. I was not able to see much of Dylan during the time that he was in the hospital. The nurses were helping him breath and they were trying to get all the stuff in his lungs out. After monitoring him for about 2 hours the nurses and Dr. decided that they were going to send him to the Hospital in Loma Linda down south of Ridgecrest where they have a NICU unit. I was pretty upset that he was not going to be in the same town that I was going to be in but I know that he is where he needs to be right now. He is pretty much perfect except that he is having problems breathing on his own because he is 6 weeks early. So they have told us that he will be able to come home as soon as he is breathing on his own and when he wants to start eating. Chris and I are hoping the he will be home in three weeks or less. But the worst case is that he will not be able to come home until his actual due date which is August 15. We are hoping the he will be able to come home sooner. I am already home from the hospital and I am so glad that I did not have to stay any longer in the hospital. I hate it when everyone is coming in all the time to take your blood pressure and push on your stomach. I will be going down to Loma Linda on Wednesday with a friend so that I can be with Dylan for a little while. I will know more about what is going on with Dylan in a little while and I will try and post again later tonight when I know more about his condition.


4 comments:

Super Daysh said...

Congrats to you and Happy birthday to the both of you! I'm so sorry to hear about how rough the delivery and everything was. Our prayers are with you and we hope all will work out well - even if he is in a different town. ;)

M&M factory said...

Hang in there. I believe that he will be alright. I can't believe that he is 6lbs.1oz at seven weeks 4 days early! (Yes I counted). I will continue to pray, I feel really good about him tough. YOu are quite a trooper. Just sunday before you had Dylan I was thinking how strong, yet easy going you are. I have only seen you cry or mad once.

Mythreesons said...

Holy cow sherri! Seriously... you are probably one the strongest women I know and one of the few that could handle birthing your own baby at home! I'm glad that you and him are OK (how nice to get out of the hospital so quickly!) and I'm hoping he'll be home quickly. Those IV's in the head are just about the worst thing ever! We're glad to hear that he's doing well other than the lungs and pray for him to be home quickly!

The Andersens said...

oh my goodness!! that is such a whirlwind of events!! wow! i am so so glad that little Dylan is healthy and well and that you are ok also.
i'm so sorry to hear that he is so far away from you though. and that you didn't get to be with him for long also would be so difficult.
i can somewhat empathize with you, but, i at least got to see Grace right as soon as I could use my legs again.
I hope that he progresses quickly so you can have him home with his sweet family.
Topher and I will keep you in our prayers!