Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dakota and Homework

So yesterday afternoon as the kids are getting home from school and getting ready to start their homework, Dakota walks in the door and tell me "Mom my Monday homework is done."  So I tell him that I would like to take a look at it so that I know for sure that he has finished what he said he did.  As he is walking towards me he unzips his jacket and throws open the the left side and whips out his homework folder just like you would see a spy whip something out of his jacket.  I thought it was so funny that I made him zip up his jacket and walk back to the front door and do it all over again.  When I checked over his homework not only had he finished Monday's homework but he was also done with Tuesday and almost all of Wednesday.  I told him I was so proud of him.  Ever since we have been making sure that he takes his medication when he goet to school he has been doing much better.  His grades have improved too, and his teacher has told me on several occasions that she has had to take a book away from him because he is reading in class when he is not supposed to.  Now if we could just move that habit to something that he likes to do here at home we would be good. 
Pretty much all he wants to do is play the wii when he gets home or watch tv and I am not ok with that.  I just wish that he would get into the mode of once he picks up a book he can't put it down until he finishes it.  Besides the books are always better than the movies anyway.  I do have to say that he has been doing better with his spelling lately though. 

No comments: