This morning bright and early Shalynn and I arrived at the Ridgecrest Surgery Center to have the pins in her wrist taken out. we arrived at 6 in the morning for her surgery that was at 7. When we arrived we didn't have to fill out that much paperwork because I had already received the packet from Dr. Shah's office last week when we were in to see him. So once we got her all signed in we probably on waited about 10 minutes before the nurse called us back to so that Shalynn could get ready for the surgery
Once we had her ready for surgery they prepped her for an IV. She really didn't want to have the IV in her arm because she said that it really hurt her. I totally understand because I have deep veins and they tend to roll as well so it is pretty hard for the nurses to get one on the first try. But they got the IV in and started a saline drip and then Dr. Shah arrived and the pretty much took her right in to surgery. Shalynn had told them that she wanted to be knocked out for the surgery because she didn't want to feel any pain. I think once they her in to the room the operation only took about 10 minutes and then she was out and into recovery. My friend Claudia Ross was the recovery room nurse and she brought me in once Shalynn started stirring.
We waited for another 10 to 15 minutes for Shalynn to be awake enough to put her clothes on and be able to walk on her own before we took her home. I decided that she didn't need to go to school today so we came home had some breakfast and now she is sound asleep on the couch. But of course it didn't help that she stayed up late watching tv last night when I told her to go to bed. So this Monday we get one more x-ray and then Tuesday we see Dr. Shah again and then he lets us know how to handle her wrist for the next few months while it gets stronger.
No comments:
Post a Comment