Saturday, February 4, 2012

Blue and Gold Banquet

Thursday February2, 2012 was the Annual Blue and Gold Banquet and we attended as a family.  Grandma and Grandpa Matlock were up in Paradise California helping out Grandpa's Mom so they were not able to come with us.  I made oatmeal raisin cookies to take with us and as soon as Chris got home from work we made sure everyone had socks and shoes on and then we headed down to the church to have dinner and participate in the program.
Dakota was given some awards that he had complete in the past few weeks.  He received the Fitness and Citizen activity badges.  Which aren't really badges.  They are little pins that are pinned to his Webelos ribbons.  He also earned the Citizenship Belt Loop and this time he was able to actually put it on his belt.  I got him a belt just a few days earlier so that we could put all his loops on and then they wouldn't get lost somewhere in the house.
For dinner we had Hot Dogs, all kinds of salads and then all different kinds of desert too.  I guess you just never know how to do an awards ceremony and dinner until you do a few and have some trial and error.  I though that they could have done the awards while everyone was eating dinner that way the smaller children would not have been so rowdy and getting antsy, and wanting to run around and make noise.  All in all it was a very good night and I am glad that we were all able to attend as a family.

1 comment:

Kandi said...

Your kids are getting so big! I still think of Cody as just a little guy. It's crazy to think of him in scouts already. :)