This last Friday we finally were able to go on the Cali Girl trip that the girls earned last year will selling cookies. Last year when the Girl Scouts went our girls were in the wrong level so they were not given the proper ticket or told about the proper trip. I talked with someone last year and actually told them that Shalynn was a Cadette and they told me that they would call me when the Cadette trip was up and ready to go but I never received a phone call so Ellen was nice enough to get on the phone and she got tickets for Shalynn and her daughter Katie and we went on Friday.
These pictures were taken at the end of the day as we were leaving. When we arrived at the park, trying to get in was a job. The girls and I got in one line and when we got up to the front we were told that we needed to to to another line because we had a military ticket and they didn't do those in this line. So the new line we got in was even longer than the first line we were in. But to make long story short Shalynn and I used the free tickets that we got for the Cali Girl trip and Tawny was able use the new ticked and it was turned into a year pass. So she will be able to go back for a year and just go in. I think I will talk to Chris about getting a few more season passes because the park was not that far away and it was pretty fun to just go down for the day and hang out.
So the first ride of the day was the Simpsons Ride. Shalynn, Tawny and I did not have to wait in line that long because we were still in the line to get in while Ellen, Katie and Daniel were in the line for the ride. Once we got to the ride we had to catch up to the rest of the party. So once we actually got in line I think it only took us about 10 minutes to actually get on the ride. For this ride you get in a stationary car and then the car is moved around during the ride. The graphics on this ride were totally awesome. The car that we were all in was moved all over the room that we were in, up, down, left, right, forwards, and backwards. The graphics were good enough so that when you were on the roller coaster part of the ride you really felt like you were dropping down a real coaster. We even got hit with water during parts of the movie that had water or spit being thrown at us.
There was even one part that the roller coaster car went in the baby's mouth and you could smell the babies mouth and it was actually we in there too. YUCK but it was still fun to ride.
After this ride we needed to decide if we wanted to stay up on the upper level of the park or head down to the lower level and do all the rides down there and then come back up. The kids decided that they wanted to go to the lower level so off we went. To get to the lower level we had to take 4 escalators to get there. You could also use the stairs but I was all into the escalators.
This is us at the top of the escalators before heading down to the lower level. We were also able to see the space capsule that was in the move Apollo 13
The first ride that we decided to do once we arrived at the lower level was the Jurassic Park water ride. Ellen was not so sure about going on this ride because of the last drop in the ride. She is not a roller coaster person but her kids and I said that she would be fine during the ride and I was going to be sitting right next to her so she could hang on to me if she got scared.
Tawny at the beginning of the line for the ride.
Shalynn on the Jurassic Park Water Ride
Tawny on the Jurassic Park Water Ride.
Some of the smaller dinosaurs fighting over popcorn during the ride. After this part of the ride I had to put the camera away because of all the water being thrown our way. As we took the next turn we headed into a tunnel and we got a really good look at Tyranasauras Rex before we headed up again for the long drop to the end of the ride. All of the kids were in the front of the boat and Ellen and I were sitting right behind them. So the kids in the front got wet and Ellen and I got a little wet. I was thinking that since we were sitting in the front of the boat we were going to get even wetter than we actually did but it was pretty cool. And Ellen did really great on the ride, she can now say that she has been on that ride.
For this ride you get in a roller coaster type seating arrangement and you are on tracks that run you through the ride. This ride at the end take you backwards and if you are not prepared for it your stomach gets thrown for a loop. Ellen went on this ride with us too. It wasn't like some of the other roller coaster that I have been on at Kings Dominion in Virginia or even Disneyland here in CA, but it was still fun.
Shalynn said that the ride was pretty cool and awesome and a little scary especially when it went backwards. After this ride we decided that we needed to eat some lunch so that we could continue to see the rest of the park on a full stomach. The girls and I decided that we wanted Panda Express since we don't have one of those up in Ridgecrest. We wanted something that we couldn't get up in Ridgecrest. After lunch as we were sitting around just eating and deciding what we wanted to do next we saw a few different characters from different movies and tried to get pictures with them.
Daniel, Tawny, Beetlejuice, Shalynn and Katie
Shaggy, Daphne, Tawny, Scooby Doo, Katie, and Shalynn
Katie and Shalynn with one of the characters from the Revenge of the Mummy ride. If you look in the background of the picture you can see the new Transformers ride that is going to be opening in May. I guess Chris and I will have to get a few more Season Passes so that the rest of the kids can come down and enjoy the ride. :)
So the kids ran through the Jurassic Park ride a few more times while we were down on the lower level and then we headed back to the upper level. Tawny, did all the flights of stairs except for one and Katie did all of the stairs. Daniel and Ellen did one flight of stairs and Shalynn and I just took the escalator all the way. Once we reached the top we headed for the Shrek ride.
This is not really a ride but it is a 4D experience. You have to wear glasses during the presentation and that makes it 3D. When we say 4D we add in water being thrown on you and the seats moving up and down and air being blown on the back of your neck and other such things. It was pretty cool. The only part that was a bit rough was coming into the staging area before you get in to sit down. It was really dark in there and hard to see. So we had to hold onto one another to make sure that none of us got lost. The little 3D movie was very well done and it was pretty awesome.
After the ride the girls saw Shrek just walking around and we ran to catch up and get a picture with him.
Shalynn and Tawny with one of Dylan's favorites cartoon characters. I loved the hats on the girls, and I was thinking about getting a hat for Dylan but I had already gotten him a Jurassic Park hat since he loves those movies.
JAWS anyone???????
By this time of the day Ellen and I were ready to sit down for a little bit so we headed over to the Animal Show. I think we stood in line for about 10 minutes and then we were able to go in and sit down. It was pretty fun to see how some of the animals were run through their paces.
It was really great to see the guinea pigs run across the stage. Chris had some when he was growing up and he and I have been debating back and forth on if we should get one for the kids. When I saw them run across the stage I thought of Chris. It made me smile. After the animal show we went and sat through the 4D Terminator 2 show and it was pretty good with all the special effects and the way the chairs moved and all the other 4 D special effects that they threw on you. After this last experience we were all getting pretty tired and looked in a few stores to see what the kids wanted and then we were going to go outside to the Universal Studios City Walk and then head home.
We walked through the small French part of the park and the girls had to jump on the moped. I am now thinking that is what we should get them when they get ready to go to High School. Then I will not have to be the Taxi for them anymore. :)
We then stopped in England for a pit stop and some phone calls
As we were on our way out the Girls just had to Pose by the Blues Brothers car. They like watching their dad as he watches the movie.
Daniel, Katie, Tawny, and Shalynn with the Blues Brothers Car
Wow do I have beautiful girls or what.
As we were finishing up looking in the stores the girls decided that they wanted to model some of the hats that we found in the store
I thought this picture was to cute not to include lol
If I had a little more money to spend I would have totally bought these hats because they are so true. I would have them made the girls wear them all the time.
The main place that Katie and Daniel wanted to go before we headed home was Yogurt Land. This is a store that you go in and it has a bunch of different yogurt machines and you get to put whatever kind of yogurt you want in a cup and then add all the topping that you want and then you end up paying for how much your cup weighs. It was pretty fun and I think the girls had a good time trying to make up their minds on what kinds of different yogurt to try.
Here you can see that they really had a lot of different types of yogurt that you could try.
Tawny with her yogurt minus all the topping that she put on it.
Shalynn getting ready to add her toppings.
After yogurt we headed out of the park and went to the car and headed for home. It was really nice to take my shoes off and put the flip flops on so that I could drive home in comfort. I think that I will need to talk to Chris and see if he would agree to maybe get some season passes and then come down every once in awhile with the kids. If we have season passes you don't have to buy souvenirs all the time and the kids can just come and rid all the rides and just enjoy themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment