Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cold Soccer Game

This last weekend Ridgecrest was actually blessed with some rain.  In face all Flex Friday it rained from after the kids left for school until they came home from school.  I am not complaining though.  We need all the rain that we can get because I already think that we are going to have a pretty dry summer this year and I think we are also going to get really hot in June.  I was raining pretty hard and I was wondering if they were going to cancel Caris's soccer game.  Besides the field being wet from all of the rain it was getting pretty cold and the wind was still blowing when I got ready to take her to her game.  None of the other kids wanted to come and just sit out in the cold and I didn't blame them.
So we get to the game and I send Caris in to her team and I walk around to go sit with the rest of the parents.  Once I get my chair out I am looking for her and I can't find her.  The reason I could not see her was because they had put the goalie shirt on her and I couldn't see the clothes that she wore to the game.  This was her fist time playing this position and I am not sure that she really knew what to do.  But at this age I think all the kids are out there to just have a good time playing.
As the kids were playing the parents were freezing.  I got some pretty good pictures of the clouds just coming over the mountains and it was pretty impressive to just see them coming over the mountains like waves in the ocean.
The wind would just not stop during the game and it was called before the kids were able to play the entire game.  We were playing against our neighbors the walkers and their team won this time around.  I guess we will just have to keep the kids in soccer and they they will get better and have more fun too.

No comments: