Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Caris Bridging from Daisy Girl Scouts to Brownie Girl Scouts

After school finished the second week of June Caris and her Daisy troop had their bridging ceremony.  Caris is now a Brownie Girl Scout. 
So the bridging ceremony was a potluck dinner that all the families of all of the girls brought something to share.  The leaders mad sure that we had all kinds of different types of food so we didn't all deserts, or main dishes.  The Matlock family brought Italian Chicken so I knew that at least my kids were going to eat something.  But I had to make sure that they ate something besides all the deserts first.  I was lucky if Dylan ate a single slice of cheese pizza before he started on the brownies.  This year for Girl Scouts Caris was in two different troops.  The first one was out in Inyokern and she rode out every Monday with Mrs Sheri to go to the meetings.  It was just too far for me to take her and to much gas money all the time, and Mrs. Sheri was already going out there to help out with the troop so she said that she would be willing to take Caris to and from the meetings.  
Then later during the year there was a new troop that got started here in town and they were going to meetings just down the street and Mrs. Sheri asked if I would like to put Caris in that troop.  I had to think about if Caris would like to be moved into another troop after getting use to the one that she started this year in.  Last year she was in a different troop and most of the Daisies ended of leaving.  Some of the mothers decided that they wanted to start their own troop and so they just pulled their kids and started their own troop.  I did not pull Caris then and let her finish out the year there.  So in her short two years of Girl Scouts so far she has already been in three different troops.
This year she also earned a trip to Build-a-Bear and she and her troop will be going there in July.  I don't know if I will be going or just letting her go with the troop.  I have done pretty much everything with Shalynn and Tawny and I am not sure that I want to let Caris go and do things without me lol.  We will have to see as the time gets closer for her to go.


No comments: